Outreach Team Leader
Reference Code: Outreach Team Leader
Please send your application to the email address with reference code.
About Karam House
Karam House is an after school Innovative Education program targeting Syrian and Turkish youth in Reyhanli and Istanbul, Turkey. At the Karam Houses, hundreds of youth learn through access to technology and makerspaces, expert mentorship, and a sophisticated design-based curriculum developed by NuVuX that teaches youth how to build their ideas and their community.
Karam’s IE hands-on studio curriculum is grounded in fundamental design skills and explores an extensive range of topics and disciplines. Within this model, students take projects from idea to finished prototype through an iterative process of research, diagramming, prototyping, critical feedback, and input from experts.
About the Role
As the outreach team leader for Karam House, you will be in charge of strengthening the presence of Karam in its surroundings, overseeing communication with students & the community, and designing and implementing strategies for student outreach. Your responsibilities range from data collection and analysis with the Student Management team, to organizing events, awareness sessions, meetings and visits, representing the IE Program to various organizations. You will work closely with the Student Management team, and supervise the site House Administrators.
The Outreach Team Leader’s responsibilities are broken down into the following:
- Brainstorm potential partnerships or methods for engagement with the local community
- Network with schools, municipalities, community stakeholders and other organizations, and nurture new and old relationships with partners
- Collaborate with the student management team to define outreach targets & strategies based on the program database
- Work closely with community partners to plan and execute various outreach events
- Maintain a yearly outreach event calendar
- Plan and supervise activities for students present in the space with the House Administrator
- Stay up to date on school & university calendars to reflect on
- Select and onboard volunteers in the space
- Oversee the volunteers’ work and hours
- Organize events related to the program (graduation, exhibition) with the Program & Site Managers
- Work closely with the Student Management Team Leader to define target groups for outreach.
- Plan a periodic communication strategy with the Student Management Team to share news, updates and collect data from students
- Oversee program communication between house administrators and students is on track based on the planned strategy
An ideal Outreach Team Leader should have excellent communication, social and organizational skills. They are also expected to have experience in handling databases, analyzing data and handling administrative duties. The requirements to apply for this position are:
- A bachelor’s degree in public relations, social services, marketing, or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in relevant fields
- Excellent knowledge of different community stakeholders
- Experience with non-profit organizations, preferably in outreach
- Strong communication and graphic skills
- Proficiency in two of the three following languages: Turkish and Arabic, and English
- Turkish citizenship or residency permit from Reyhanli or Istanbul.
Location Eyüpsultan in Istanbul, or Reyhanli in Hatay.
Hours Full-time, 40 hours per week. Saturday – Wednesday
Reports to IE Program Manager, Innovation Fellow
Pay Scale Based on the candidate’s level of experience, qualifications, and the organization’s salary scale in Turkish Lira.**
How to apply?
Apply by sending an email to email@example.com with the position and Location applying for in the subject line.
Your application should include:
Any application without these documents will not be considered as valid.